Utrecht Shooting: 3 Dead After Attack on Tram in Netherlands, Gunman’s Still Wanted (PHOTO)

269

3 people were killed in a shooting on a tram in the central Dutch city of Utrecht. 

Read the details on Nexter.org.

In a nutshell

  • Three people have been killed in an attack in Utrecht, Netherlands;
  • It took place in 24 October Square at 10:45 a.m. (5:45 a.m ET) on Monday;
  • Nine others were injured in the incident;

 

  • The gunman,  a 37-year-old Turkish man named as Gokmen Tanis, is still missing;
  • Police state that it was a attack – “We cannot exclude a motive,” Dutch anti-terrorism co-ordinator Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg told;
  • The government urged the schools and institution to close;

Source: EPA

 

“Our country today has been jolted by an attack,” Prime Minister Mark Rutte said. “Police and prosecutors are looking into what exactly happened.”

“What’s known now is that there was shooting at people sitting in a tram,” he added. He described the attack as “deeply disturbing”.

What we know about the shooter

Source: @POLITIEUTRECHT / TWITTER

 

The gunman is believed to be a 37-year-old Turkish man named as Gokmen Tanis.

It’s told that he had previously fought in Russia’s republic of Chechnya.

“He was arrested because of his connections with [IS] but released later,” the businessman told the BBC.


MORE HOT NEWS

Like this post? Let us know!
  • CoolAF (0%)
  • Cool (50%)
  • Whatever (0%)
  • Boring (0%)
  • WTF (50%)
Summary
Utrecht Shooting: 3 Dead After Attack on Tram in Netherlands, Gunman's Still Wanted (PHOTO)
Title
Utrecht Shooting: 3 Dead After Attack on Tram in Netherlands, Gunman's Still Wanted (PHOTO)
Description
3 people were killed in a shooting on a tram in the central Dutch city of Utrecht.  Read the details on Nexter.org.
Nexter.org
Nexter.org
Nexter.org
https://nexter.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/logo_nexterbg.jpg

More News from Nexter