8-Year-Old Passed Away After Meth Overdose In Indiana + 3 More Shocking Cases When Children Died from Drug Overdose

184

The 8-year-old child in Indiana was hungry and mistook his father’s meth for food, Indiana authorities said. Nexter.org decided to prepare of list of cases when children died of a drug overdose by accident. 

Curtis Collman III

kids-drug-overdose-pic

Source: abc7ny.com

Curtis Collman III woke up his father as he was hungry but father sais that there was no food in their house, so kid took by accident meth. The father didn’t call for help and his son died.

When Collman wake up, he saw that his son was “not acting right” as he “twitching and bouncing his face off the floor,” the child grabbed and scratched his own face and that he was “burning up hot.”

Collman didn’t call 911 and watched his son suffering for four hours that day, he even threatened his friend with a gun as she wanted to call for medical help.

“All we can show is that he was in the house with meth and that somehow he came in contact with the meth,” detective Thomas Barker of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department told BuzzFeed said.

 Logan Starliper

Source: Obituary, (Chambersburg, Pa.) Public Opinion

Brittany Higgins’ daughter was put to bed at 10:30 p.m. and at 9 p.m. next day Higgins and her boyfriend checked on toddler Logan Starliper, but the kid was dead.

An autopsy and toxicology testing found that Starliper died from an overdose of methamphetamine and buprenophrine, USA Today reports. It’s still unclear how the child get the drugs as the police haven’t revealed this details.

Brittany Higgins and Brian Bennett, her boyfriend both are charged with third-degree murder in the of Higgins’ 3-year-old daughter.

Steffanie Lawrence

kids-drug-overdose-pic

Source: Change.org

Lawrence was just 15 years old when she died after battling with drug addiction.

“This is a devastating story about Steffanie,” said B.C. Minister of Mental Health and Addictions Judy Darcy. “We are really focused in our ministry on building a better system.

“It is very complex issue and I have heard from people on both sides of [the] issue and it is something we are going to be looking at as part of developing a better system for mental health and addiction care and one that is focused on children and youth.”

Dorrico Brown’s son 

kids-drug-overdose-pic

Source: Butler County Jail

The Hamilton-Middletown Journal-News reports 34-year-old Dorrico Brown, of Trenton, also pleaded guilty to the drug-overdose of his 1-year-old son.

Brown called 911 last when he noticed that his son is not breathing. The boy died from oxycodone, an opioid, and anti-anxiety medication. It’s still unclear how the kid got to the drugs.


MORE HOT NEWS

Summary
8-Year-Old Passed Away After Meth Overdose In Indiana + 3 More Cases When Children Dire from Drug Overdose
Article Name
8-Year-Old Passed Away After Meth Overdose In Indiana + 3 More Cases When Children Dire from Drug Overdose
Description
The 8-year-old child in Indiana was hungry and mistook his father's meth for food, Indiana authorities said. Nexter.org decided to prepare of list of cases when children died of a drug overdose by accident. 
Nexter.org
Nexter.org
Nexter.org
/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/logo_nexterbg.jpg

More News from Nexter