Ireland MMA Star Conor McGregor Is Under Investigation for Sexual Assault – Now His Retirement Looks Suspicious

221

Conor McGregor tweeted early Tuesday morning that he is retiring from MMA, the same day it became known that he is under investigation for sexual assault.

Nexter.org reports everything we know about it.

Conor-mcgregor-retires-investigation-sex-assult-photo

Source: Getty Images

 

What we know so far

Hours after Conor McGregor announced his retirement from mixed martial arts, the New York Times has reported that he is under investigation over allegations of sexual assault.

According to the Times, the former UFC champion was arrested in January after a woman said he sexually assaulted her in Dublin in December. McGregor has not been charged over the allegations but sources told the Times he is still under investigation by Irish police.

The alleged assault is said to have taken place at the Beacon Hotel, where McGregor is believed to occasionally stay on visits to Ireland. The hotel is a 25-minute drive from Crumlin, where McGregor grew up.

Conor-mcgregor-retires-investigation-sex-assult-photo

 

“This story has been circulating for some time and it is unclear why it is being reported now,” Karen Kessler, a spokesperson for McGregor’s legal team spoke to ESPN. “The assumption that the Conor retirement announcement today is related to this rumor is absolutely false. Should Conor fight in the future it must be in an environment where fighters are respected for their value, their skill, their hard work and their dedication to the sport.”

McGregor had appeared on Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show on Monday before announcing his retirement. He gave no indication that he was considering quitting fighting or was under any outside pressures.

“We’re in talks [for a fight] for July,” McGregor said on the show. “So we’ll see what happens. A lot of politics going on. The fight game is a mad game. But again, like I said, and to my fans, I am in shape and I am ready.”

Conor-mcgregor-retires-investigation-sex-assult-photo

Source: Getty Images

Earlier this month, Conor McGregor was arrested in Florida on suspicion of stealing the phone of someone who was trying to take his photo. Before last year’s Nurmagomedov fight, he avoided jail over his involvement in a melee after a news conference for the UFC 223 event at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.


MORE HOT NEWS

Like this post? Let us know!
  • CoolAF (0%)
  • Cool (0%)
  • Whatever (0%)
  • Boring (0%)
  • WTF (0%)
Summary
Ireland MMA Star Conor McGregor Is Under Investigation for Sexual Assault - Now His Retirement Looks Suspicious
Title
Ireland MMA Star Conor McGregor Is Under Investigation for Sexual Assault - Now His Retirement Looks Suspicious
Description
Conor McGregor tweeted early Tuesday morning that he is retiring from MMA, the same day it became known that he is under investigation for sexual assault. Nexter.org reports everything we know about it.
Nexter.org
Nexter.org
Nexter.org
https://nexter.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/logo_nexterbg.jpg

More News from Nexter